Vote YES on M to keep Saddleback Valley Unified School District schools among the best in California.
Our schools were built more than 40 years ago and need to be modernized. To succeed in college and careers, graduates need a solid background in science, technology, engineering, arts and math. Students who don’t go to college need modern career training to compete for good jobs.
Voting Yes on M makes essential repairs and improvements to ensure schools continue to serve our community for decades to come, including:
- Upgrade student safety and campus security systems – lighting, emergency communications systems, security camera, smoke detectors, fire alarms
- Upgrading classrooms, facilities and technology to support innovative instruction in science, technology, engineering, arts and math
- Providing modern science and engineering labs to prepare students for college and careers in health sciences, engineering, technology and skilled trades
- Providing classrooms and facilities to support music and visual and performing arts
- Replacing wood and support beams with extensive termite damage and dry rot
- Repairing or replacing roofs, plumbing, sewer, HVAC and electrical systems
Measure M funds will only be used to improve all Saddleback Valley schools. These funds can’t be taken by the State. Yes on M helps our schools qualify for millions in State matching money that will otherwise go to other schools.
Measure M requires strict accountability including a Citizens’ Oversight Committee and independent audits to ensure funds are spent properly. No money can be used for teacher or administrator salaries or pensions.
Even if you don’t have school-age children, improving local schools is a wise investment. Good schools improve our community and protect home values.
Please join parents, teachers, seniors, elected and business leaders and vote Yes on M for Saddleback Valley schools.
Paid for by Citizens for Saddleback Schools, FPPC# 1422452